Why add a bunch of content you are going to delete anyway?
Mountain House Essential Bucket | Freeze Dried Backpacking & Camping Food | 22 Servings | Gluten-Free
This will be deleted when some compelling prepping content is developed. – Jan Tschichold
About this item
- DELICIOUS MEAL ASSORTMENT! To our gluten-free adventurers, this one’s for you. Enjoy 4 days’ worth of breakfast, lunch, & dinner entrees on your adventure. Contains 12 total pouches (or 22 total servings) of all gluten-free freeze-dried goodness.
- NO ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS OR COLORS & CERTIFIED GLUTEN-FREE – Each meal is certified gluten-free by GFCO. Meals included: (4) pouches of Beef Stew, (2) Breakfast Skillet, (2) Scrambled Eggs with Bacon, (4) Rice and Chicken.
- QUICK PREP – Just add hot water to the pouch & eat in less than 10 minutes, with no cleanup. This pouch is wider and shorter, providing a great bowl-like experience. To prepare all meals in this bucket, 17 cups of water will be needed.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT – Bucket is easy to carry & store. Bucket weighs 6.15 lbs & is 12″(L) x 10″(W) x 12.31″(H). Enjoy in the backcountry or on your next cmaping trip. With a 30-Year Taste Guarantee, it’s a great addition to your emergency food supply.
- RECYCLABLE – Recycled used pouches with TerraCycle to reduce waste.
- SHELF STABLE – Longest proven shelf life in the industry! Backed by a 30-Year Taste Guarantee.
More or less it tastes good and keeps you alive
Great meals, easy prep, convenient and highly portable. Some of the best freeze dried meals we have eaten.
Easy to store a weeks food in your pantry, closet, auto or camper and the packets are just a quick grab for a day hike too. This type of long shelf life, easily reconstituted food is quickly becoming a household essential.
We have been using this brand for over 15 years for distance sailing races. So much easier than hauling coolers onboard with frozen dinners and dry ice. Flavors have improved and are actually pretty good, not fine dinning but good taste and carbs on the rail. Some are still a bit salty. Easy prep just requiring boiling water. Follow the directions (remove the desiccant pack!), and let sit 10/15 minutes to make sure they are fully rehydrated. Bonus is that there is only spoon to wipe off when you are done!